THE 2018 EXPEDITION FX4 IS THE MOST OFF-ROAD CAPABLE EXPEDITION EVER!
For the more than 20 percent of Expedition owners that use their SUV for off-road adventure, Ford introduces the all-new 2018 Expedition FX4 Off-Road Package, making this the most off-road-capable Expedition ever.
Expedition’s all-new high-strength, aluminium alloy body and redesigned high-strength steel frame form the foundation for its off-road and towing capabilities. The use of advanced materials enabled engineers to save up to 300 pounds, with much of the savings reinvested to offer customers more technology and features than ever before.
FX4 Off-Road Package includes:
- Patented electronic limited-slip rear differential to help improve off-road performance in low-traction situations by automatically varying power output side-to-side, depending on which wheels need extra traction. With 3.73:1 gearing, the electronic limited-slip rear differential also improves towing performance and capability
- Off-road-tuned shocks more stiffly tuned to keep wheels in contact with the road
- All-terrain tires with thicker sidewalls to maintain a smooth ride while delivering the traction needed over rough terrain
- Seven different skid plates that serve as underbody armour and protect critical areas. They include a new sand shield to protect the turbocharger intercoolers from getting clogged when driving through tall berms in sand dunes, plus steel plates to protect steering gear, engine, transmission and transfer case and a full-length guard for the fuel tank. To help climb over tall or steep obstacles, the chin spoiler beneath the front bumper has been shortened to improve approach angles
- Unique 18-inch Magnetic Metallic painted cast-aluminum wheels
- Chrome running boards
- FX4 badging on the liftgate and front fender
- New rubber floor liners featuring deep side sills that can be removed and cleaned of any mud, sand or water that gets dragged in on family adventures
The all-new Expedition lineup, including the FX4 Off-Road Package, goes on sale at Oakridge Ford this fall.